Ciner (pronounced ‘jin-ner’) Resources Corporation is a global leader in the natural soda ash industry. Our success is the direct result of the dedication and hard work of our employees. As a result, we are committed to the well-being of our employees and our surroundings, including the communities and environment where we live and work. At Ciner, safety is a value, not just a priority. In fact, if a job cannot be completed safely, it simply will not be done. We believe the most important thing to come out of the mine are the miners.
Our mission is to continually nurture a culture of security, integrity, leadership, commitment, and respect. Ciner’s behavior-based, principle-driven safety, health processes, and programs encourage effective management systems and employee involvement. Because of this, Ciner’s Wyoming Big Island Mine and Production Facility is a four-time winner of the U.S. Department of Labor Sentinels of Safety award for being the country’s safest underground mine. With seven national mine rescue and three international surface rescue championships, our mine and surface rescue teams consistently rank among the best in the nation. These numerous awards not only showcase exceptional safety performance, but are proof of an ongoing commitment to the well-being of our employees.
Ciner’s growing safety record
- Two Million Safe Man Hours without a Lost Time Accident – 2016
- National Mine Rescue Competition – Underground Metal/Nonmetal Team Tech (Bio) – Fifth Place, Blue Team – 2016
- National Mine Rescue Competition – Underground Metal/Nonmetal First Aid – Fourth Place, White Team – 2016
- National Mine Rescue Competition – First Place in First Aid, Second Place in Team Tech, Third Place, White Team – 2016
- Governor’s Safety Award – Wyoming Safety and Workforce Services Award for Safest Large Mine – 2015
- New Iberia Contest, Louisiana – Mine Rescue Blue Team – 2015
- One Million Safe Man Hours without a Lost Time Accident – 1976, 1980, 1986, 1991, 1992, 1999, 2011, 2015
- Wyoming State Mine Inspectors Safety Excellence Award – First Place Winner 28 Times and 5 Consecutive Years 2008-2012, 2015
- Industrial Minerals Association – North America (IMA-NA) – 2009, 2010, 2011 First Place Winner, Large Mine Category – Best RAIR (Recordable Accident Incident Rate)
- Safety Olympiad Champions (Surface Rescue Champions) – 1997, 1998, 2001, 2008, 2010
- National Rescue Champions (Metal/Non-Metal) – 1975, 1982, 1986, 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004
- International Champions (Mine Rescue Champions) – 1994, 1995, 2003
- National Safety Council Metal/Non-Metal Mining Safety Award – First Place Winner 9 Times (Non-Coal Underground Division)
Our ongoing relationships, unparalleled customer service, continued innovation, and dedication to safety uniquely positions Ciner to meet global soda ash demands for decades to come. Ciner is a proud member of American Natural Soda Ash Corporation (ANSAC), which manages soda ash supply chains. Through strong relationships, ANSAC minimizes costs and increases industry efficiency among customers, distributors, business partners, and member companies. For more information on Ciner Resources Corporation, visit ciner.us.com and stay connected for additional updates.